LEGENDS ARE MADE HERE
More intense? More competitive? More FUN?! If you asked yourself if this was all possible, the answer is YES! Our LEGENDS overnight camp for students entering 7th - 11th grades offers all the fun, adventure, and spirit of our day camps, while increasing the scope of our activities and conversations.
2021 DATES, LOCATION & PRICING
A TYPICAL DAY AT CAMP
Want to know what your child is up to at camp?
Check out a sample schedule!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Your child’s safety is our number one priority and we have outlined a few FAQs on how our camp has proactively prepared our staff, set up systems/procedures, and implemented rules within our program to keep them safe & healthy. We are following COVID-19 recommendations from the American Camp Association and the CDC to make sure we enable a safe & exciting experience at LEGENDS.
Where is Camp Buckner?
What are the Camp Buckner lodging and facilities like?
You can easily view Buckner lodging here:
Due to privacy concerns and to create a quality experience free from the distractions of electronics, transmittable devices such as cell phones or tablets with data plans. Non-transmittable devices such as iPod, mp3 players or tablets without data plans, are permitted while traveling but are not permitted once at camp. Upon arrival, all electronic devices are labeled and secured and delivered back to the camper at the end of the camp session.
We request that luggage be restricted to two (2) pieces, a suitcase and backpack. Campers may bring a small carry on such as a backpack or satchel on the bus. In most cabins, suitcases are stored under bunks and cannot exceed 15 ½” in height. Please be sure to clearly mark and tag each piece of luggage. Upon arrival, CG Victory Staff will unload and assist campers with their luggage.
What time do I drop off my camper if they are not taking the bus?
Drop off your camper at Camp Buckner starting at 3pm and no later than 3:30pm. If for some reason your camper must arrive late, please contact email@example.com to make the necessary arrangements. Specific drop off instructions will be sent directly to our enrolled camper families.
What time do I pick up my camper if they are not taking the bus?
CG Victory will send out direct information regarding our updated Closing Day Ceremonies & Pick up procedures.
What do I need to know about Bus Transportation?
CG Victory will be sending a bus interest form to all currently enrolled families to gauge if bus travel is in demand. We will need to meet the minimum participation requirements to rent a bus and will make a decision once we hear from our camper families. We will update this section as soon as a decision is made!
Will there be medical staff at camp?
Yes, a Registered Nurse will be on camp property and available 24/7.
Are there AED devices available and on property?
Yes, there are two AED devices on the property, they are fully functioning and tested regularly.
Will campers have to wear face coverings?
CG Victory will be providing every camper a face covering on opening day that they will keep for their entire stay and be required to wear when in a cross contaminated area (ex: Ordering concessions, receiving meal plates, & when entering the Medical Office). Campers are more than welcome to bring and/or wear their own face coverings at their own discretion throughout camp.
How is camper medication handled?
- We have a medication administration form that will be sent to each family. Each person bringing medication to camp must fill it out prior to arrival. Upon arrival it must be turned in to the nurse. The health center staff organizes and files these forms and logs it all. We will send you the Medical Administration form with instructions prior to camp starting. These forms must be as accurate as possible so as not to slow down the process.
How is camper check in and check out on opening day and closing day going to be handled in light of COVID-19?
CG Victory is all about taking as many precautionary measures as possible before camp begins!
- Prior to Legends camp beginning our staff will be asked to quarantine for a week to ensure no one is bringing in any illness onto the camp grounds as well as signing a commitment letter to keep themselves as healthy as possible prior to opening day. They will take a COVID-19 health check assessment and their temperature will be taken prior to their arrival at camp and when they arrive to camp on opening day morning to set up!
- For families and campers, we will be sending a similar COVID-19 screening form. The form will indicate steps to take as a family and a commitment letter to sign.
- Parents will not be allowed inside any buildings at check-in or closing, including cabins, with exception of a designated location for restroom use that will be regularly sanitized during arrival and closing celebrations. This is to protect your camper since their cabin and mattress will have been sanitized prior to their arrival. If your camper needs special attention at drop off, we will work with you to ensure a great experience.
- If buildings are open for check in, we will abide by capacity and physical distancing guidelines.
- Trunks and luggage will be disinfected prior to delivery to cabins.
- In order to reduce the risk and spread of any illness as well as COVID-19 the opening day check in procedures for campers will be different depending on whether the camper is arriving on a bus or being dropped off by a parent or guardian. Detailed instructions will be sent a week prior to camp starting!
What happens if a camper or staff member tests positive for COVID-19?
If a camper has COVID-19 symptoms, the camper’s parent or guardian should pick up, or have arranged to have picked up, the camper within 8 hours. When an individual tests positive for COVID-19 at the nearest hospital that a parent or guardian chooses, we will notify all parents or guardians of campers in the cohort. The parents or guardians may decide to either pick up their child from the camp or leave the child in the camp and trust the camp to take appropriate safeguards. CG Victory will keep the cohort containing the individual who tested positive for COVID-19 isolated from other cohorts at the camp for the remainder of the camp session.
What if my camper has medication?
All pills/capsules (prescription and non-prescription) must be checked in with our camp nurse upon arrival on Opening Day. The medication taken on a routine basis will be individually packaged and sorted according to day and time of administration. If prescription medication is not in pill/capsule form (liquids, eye drops, topical, etc.) they will be dispensed as indicated.
What if my camper has an allergy?
Campers that have any type of allergy, whether food, drug, environmental or other, must notify CG Victory via the Health section of their registration in CampSite or they must submit to firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to their parent account. Please be sure to indicate the allergen, the reaction and the treatment if exposure occurs. If the camper has a potentially life threatening allergy, a band will be placed on their wrist on their arrival, with their allergy written on the band. Food allergies must be discussed in advance of the session and alternatives planned for the session. Supplemental foods are usually requested.
What if my camper has a physical or medical restriction?
All activity, medical and dietary restrictions are reviewed once submitted during registration. Campers with chronic medical conditions including, but not necessarily limited to, diabetes, cystic fibrosis, heart conditions, etc. are welcome at CG Victory Legends as long as the camper can thrive within the Essential Functions defined. Each condition is considered on a case by case basis and final acceptance is at the sole discretion of the camp director in consultation with its medical team.
What does a day at camp include?
Each day at Legends overnight camp will be jam-packed with recreational and team activities, theme days, camp-wide game nights and socials, along with Christ centered teaching and discussion-based groups. See our camp schedule more for details.
What does my camper bring to camp?
Our packing list can be found above!
Can I contact my child while they’re at camp? How?
Telephone calls from parents or friends to campers should be limited to an emergency basis. Please feel free to call the Camp Director if you need to discuss something relating to your child. Campers are not allowed to use the telephone during their stay at CG Victory except for radical emergencies.
What is your behavior, supervision and bullying policy?
CG Victory aims to address camper behavior that negatively affects the experience of others in a decisive and timely fashion. CG Victory has a zero tolerance policy for bullying and should a camper be seen bullying another camper for any reason it will warrant a meeting with our Executive Director and the parent will be notified immediately to make a swift decision on whether the camper should remain at camp for the remainder of the week. Our staff’s goal is to prevent negative behavior before it happens by continually monitoring camper behavior and having the appropriate training with our staff and intentional conversations with campers on Opening Day. Our cabin counselors are the first line of "defense," but all staff members are trained to work together to attempt to eliminate misbehavior of any kind. Our entire Summer Staff is trained to recognize, prevent and resolve camper misbehavior issues, such as bullying.
How are cabins arranged?
Each main cabin houses 2 individual rooms, each hosting 15-20 bunks. The rooms are connected by a main corridor. Each large cabin will consist of the same gender and similarly aged campers.
What is the price of CGV Legends?:
The full price of Legends is $799. However, we follow a tiered pricing schedule which can be found above! The earlier you sign up for camp, the lower the cost.
Do you offer payment plans?
During the registration process, we provide various options of payment plans that can best meet your family’s needs.
When is the final payment due?
Final payment and any outstanding amounts will be charged on May 30, 2021.
What if I need to change my registration?
If you need to make any changes to your registration, please email email@example.com with your requests and we will accommodate your changes!
When am I charged for bus travel?
After you request bus services during the registration process, we will reach out closer to Legends with bus charges and details. You will be charged for the bus services after the services are completed.
When purchasing Legends, we will retain $100 as a non-refundable deposit. Given the current COVID-19 pandemic, we will be monitoring the current trends and information provided by governing health bodies and following all official guidances and ordinances.
In the event CGV Legends is not able to safely operate - we will retain the deposit and automatically transfer campers to the following year’s summer.
CAMP PROGRAMMING UPDATES
Because of the measures we are taking prior to campers arriving to the property we feel confident that our systems on the camp property will be appropriate and effective in reducing the spread of illness and risk of COVID-19. Below are the ways we will be updating programming to assure campers are healthy and safe!
Reduce Contact & Teach Proper Hand Washing!
We typically give hundreds of high-fives a day at camp, but this summer we are asking staff and campers to embrace the ‘air-five’ , the ‘air hug’ and basically any greeting that does not involve direct contact. Of course, we likely cannot patrol this 24-7 but it will be our goal to make campers aware that we are not promoting physical contact of any time throughout the day. We will also go through the practice of appropriate hand washing and even have a cheer that goes along with it-- because it’s camp!
Increase Sanitization & Equipment Cleaning
- Camp Buckner has provided several hand washing stations this summer for camp programming that are outdoors!
- Summer staff and campers are trained on how to properly sanitize, wash hands, and how to monitor campers to prevent behaviors that spread illness.
- We will be utilizing these frequently and between activities. Our own program will have additional hand sanitizer available during our activities and programming and requiring that campers sanitize between games.
- CG Victory will sanitize our own program equipment between uses.
Prioritize Outdoor Programming
CG Victory already has a majority outdoor run program so we are thankful we do not have to make major adjustments. At overnight camp there are a few areas we are indoors (outside of sleeping) for up to 60-90 minutes such as meal times and our evening sessions. Below are the precautions we will be taking:
- While indoors if we are using chairs our staff will wipe down after each use.
- Make sure campers and staff sanitize hands before entering indoor space.
- If windows or doors can be open for ventilation we will use them or provide fans if there is not adequate ventilation.
Games & Activities
- During the week, campers will still participate in variation game sports and team building activities that are outdoors.
- We will enforce hand washing and sanitizing before and after games begin and end as well as social distancing when campers are standing or sitting and waiting to play.
- While on the field, no game or variation sport will involve contact so campers should be able to keep arms length distance from one another and stay in motion.
- All equipment will be sanitized before and after each use.
- Any high touch area or piece of equipment will be sanitized multiple times per day
We are still a couple of weeks out from our overnight camp and will continue to expand and add to our COVID procedures as we work closely with our new partner at Highland Lakes and Conference Center. As an enrolled family you will receive more detailed information on transportation, pick up and drop off the next two weeks!